[78-L] Blistering exchange between Leonard Feather and Chris Albertson

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 07:34:44 PDT 2009

Dr. Biel,

Would you please share a couple of Martin Williams stories? I had a brief
encounter with him at an International Association of Jazz Educators
convention back in the eighties when it was in D.C. and whatever respect for
him that I'd had went out the window.

To add my two cents about Mr. Albertson, he and I are on an e-mail list of
jazz researchers, and he has sent me some wonderful e-mails on my
restoration work, as well as supplying some very insightful comments on
various issues in jazz research. His Bessie Smith bio is a model of
excellent scholarship as well.

Jeff Sultanof