[78-L] Alternate Folkway Jazz Vol 6

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Sat Sep 12 15:03:04 PDT 2009

JAZZ 6 Chicago No.2 original issue was FP 67, subsequent issues FJ 2806
Perhaps someone has a copy of FP 67 or the booklet, can provide track list.
I do not see any listing for the original in worldcat.
The Smithsonia-Folkways website lists 2806 ALTERNATE with these tracks:
 101 Sweet Lovin' Man          King Oliver Creole Jazz Band 2:49
 102 Sweet Lovin' Man          New Orleans Rhythm Kings (1922-1925) 2:33
 103 Jazz Me Blues             Wolverine Orchestra 2:46
 104 Sister Kate               Charles Pierce and His Orchestra 2:59
 105 Everybody Loves My Baby   The Stomp Six 2:55
 106 Tennessee Twilight        Chicago Rhythm Kings 3:00
 107 Maple Leaf Rag            Paul Mares and His Friar's Society Orchestra
2:57
 201 Somebody Stole My Gal     Bix Beiderbecke and His Gang 2:55
 202 Margie                    Bix Beiderbecke and His Gang 2:53
 203 Jazz Me Blues             Frank Teschemacher's Chicagoans 2:43
 204 Sugar                     McKenzie-Condon's Chicagoans 3:09
 205 China Boy                 McKenzie-Condon's Chicagoans 2:44
 206 Nobody's Sweetheart       McKenzie-Condon's Chicagoans 3:05
 207 There'll Be Some Changes Made  McKenzie-Condon's Chicagoans 3:04

Best wishes, Thomas