[78-L] Test

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Sep 11 18:53:49 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Chichester" <dnjchi78 at live.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:09 PM
> Is 78-L still online?

September 10, for whatever unknown reason (National holiday in the
Maldive Islands?!), seems to have been some sort of "Don't Send E-mail
Day"...at least for the 78-L list! I keep track of my received messages as
well as from whence they emanate; when Don posted this comment
(8:09 p.m. EDST) I had received a TOTAL of SIX(?!) 78-L messages!
The four replies thereunto boosted 78-L's total to TEN (don't despair...
on August 15 there were FOUR?!). Throughout the summer, 78-L had
averaged forty-some messages daily; however, on the 10th my TOTAL
receipt of e-mails was only 59! (I usually receive around a hundred?!).

Has some country decided to place a tax on its citizens' e-mail?! One
wonders...?!

Steven C. Barr