[78-L] Back..with new questions

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 11 14:46:34 PDT 2009

Hello,
Been out for a spell.
I am still working on the Lou Breese bio and have come upon some
interesting finds. For one thing, I have been trying to figure out why
Lou suddenly left New York in 29 and wound up in Minneapolis. I think I
found the connection: Eugene Ormandy. I asked Lou's daughter about
Eugene and she said that he and Lou were lifelong friends and Lou could
not say enough nice things about him. I think when Ormandy went to
Minneapolis to take of the Symphony there, be found a job for Lu, too,
at the Minneapolis Theater.
I have a picture of the marquee there which shows Lou on it and I have a
pic of a piece of sheet music, perhaps his first, credited to Lu Breese
And His Minnesoa Serenaders.
On an earlier topic, I was trying to find Lou's connection with Bert
Lown, I found some newspapers online from Massachusetts Institute of
Technology  which prove that Lou worked for Bert in at least 1922. Does
any one have info on this?
Did Lown make any recordings about this time?

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.