[78-L] Down Home Music on its last legs

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Sep 8 12:20:37 PDT 2009

From: "simmonssomer" <simmonssomer at comcast.net>
> How about connecting your turntable to your amp-in
> and connecting your CD Recorder to that amp out.
> Simple-fast-and...no computer need apply.  Al Simmons

I don't recall Steve mentioning that he had a CD Recorder.  You have to
have one in order to connect the amp out to it.  And come to think of
it, he didn't mention having an amp, only a Sony reel to reel recorder.
I think that it might also have served as his amp. And if he is not to
use a computer, how will the digitized recordings get on-line?  That IS
his purpose.  Actually it seems from his postings that his problem for
the past six months or more is getting a wire connected to his
cartridge.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com