[78-L] Down Home Music on its last legs

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Sep 7 20:34:57 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Lichtman" <jeff at swazoo.com>
<snip>

I am hoping to be able to "digitize" my many 78's by connecting the output
leads of a standard ceramic cartridge, via a new plug, to the "Line In" jack
of my sound card/computer! The output level of a ceramic cartridge is c.
1 volt...thus a "line level" signal! Many years ago, I was using an old Sony
r2r
machine as the heart of my "sound system," and often used signals created
by plugging my vintage RCA "record player" output into its "Line In" jack!

The results were often broadcast on CBC (by Mr. Lennick!) and on CJRT
and sounded just fine to MY ears...?!

Steven C. Barr