[78-L] Belt for Edison Standard Phonograph

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Mon Sep 7 13:55:05 PDT 2009

I've made quite a few belts and it sometimes takes me a couple of tries to
get it just right.   As I mentioned before, contact cement seems to work
well for joining the ends.  When they are right, they don't cause wow, and
they have just the right amount of slip.  Is the spring on your tension
pulley wound too tight?  They don't press to hard on the belt.  Does the
tension pulley spin freely and is it clean?

Ron