[78-L] Interesting article about one vinylrecord processingplant

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Sep 6 20:31:29 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Print an article about pressing records and the world will beat a path to
> your
> door..here's one comment:
> > I have been trying to buy an old 78" record of Edith Piaf -
> > unsuccessfully. I
> > have recently acquired a gramophone, hence the request. Could you make
> > one and
> > if so, how much would it cost? I am in Sydney, Australia.
> > (Someone replied, telling him to look for "Edith Piaff" on eBay.)

He/she/it doesn't say whether a SPECIFIC Piaf recording is being sought...or
ANY
Piaf recording...?! However, IF he acquires the Piaf disc he cites, one can
only hope
that it isn't played on this "gramophone" (or that he has a copious supply
of steel
needles, and changes them for each playing, as vintage instructions strongly
suggest?!)

Steven C. Barr