[78-L] A Folk Music Playlist covering ALL recording formats! WORTH reading!

H D Goldman thedoctor at discdoc.com
Sun Sep 6 13:24:22 PDT 2009

Hi Michael,

I think you may have mistaken the intent of this particular show.  As
I heard the intro, it was to demonstrate  examples of the popular
commercial musical formats using recordings picking from "a box thrown
together for the show".  There was no intent to be exhaustive nor any
expectation on the part of regular listeners.  He has a wide interest
in, but not limited to guitar & fiddle, using both old & modern
recordings.  Lots of acoustic/electrical 78s & vinyl on a variety of
social & personal issues, both regional & international.  Usually an
enjoyable 2 hrs.  His discographical & historical references are
usually accurate & when not he's open to correction.

Paul aka Pablo Mesuhgi, is part of a sizable group of volunteer dj's
on what many recognize as the finest independently owned radio station
in the US, KDHX  (kdhx.org) in St. Louis, MO.  In it's 21st yr
operating 24/7, streaming live & offering a wide variety of musical
genres.  No classical, just a bit of Jazz, lots of Blues, r&b, reggae,
ska, world beat, the music of New Orleans & southern La., a little
country, a bit of rap & the list goes on.  This ain't mainstream
radio  .... this is great radio.  All shows can be streamed for 2
weeks after broadcast.

Have a listen, become a member  .... you'll feel better.

cheers,

Duane Goldman