[78-L] OTR Companies

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 1 21:58:21 PDT 2009

Jeff Sultanof asks:

> Can one or several of you recommend OTR program companies whom you feel
> are
> straightforward and reliable with regard to selection and quality? When
> this
> subject comes up on this list, the honorable and 'not so honorable'
> vendors
> are alluded to and not mentioned.

I can readily recommend First Generation Radio Archives.  I've been a
customer of theirs for several years, and am always pleased with the quality
and customer service.  The use mostly first gen sources, so their shows
sound great.  http://www.radioarchives.org

Another great source is Terry Salomonson and Audio Classics Archive.  Terry
has many thousands of shows, generally in very good to excellent sound, and
is the world's foremost expert on the Lone Ranger radio show.
http://www.audio-classics.com

Both of these companies deal in CDs pretty much exclusively.  I don't have
much experience with mp3 dealers, but generally haven't been satisfied with
quality.  In virtually all cases Terry or Radio Archives will have
better-sounding shows.

General disclaimers apply:  I have no connection with either of these
companies except being a very satisfied customer for several years.

Sammy Jones