[78-L] Happy 100th, Prez! - unknown alternate Decca take

Milan P Milovanovic milanpmilovanovic4 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:57:03 PDT 2009

Dear all,

on this particular list I've heard from one of out members that he found -B
take of famous "Honeysuckle Rose" session that, first Decca session of the
Count Basie band (with Pres and all the others). As great admirer to
Lester's art, I'm so interested to hear if that famous solo leap (also, the
rest of the solo) is any different from one take to another? Please keep in
mind that this is the first studio session after Jones/Smith Inc. small
group session that produced such masterpieces as they are "Oh, Lady Be
Good!", "Shoe Shine Boy/Swing" etc.

Thanks,

Milan