[78-L] Sabine Meyen

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Thu Aug 27 20:21:52 PDT 2009

While at the IAJRC convention in Minneapolis, I met Tom Lewin who is related to soprano Sabine Meyen.  I think he said she was his grandmother, but I can't quite remember exactly.  In any event, he is searching for recordings of her which likely would have been made in Europe.  She sang with the Berlin State Opera.  Original 78s or CD transfers would be acceptable.  If you can make them available, please contact me of list.

BTW, I had an opportunity to stop at Vintage Records, a store devoted to 78s.  There must be at least half a million there.  Wish I had two days to spend there, but had only a couple hours at most.  Didn't find anything for myself, but found 22 Hawaiian 78s for Malcolm Rockwell.

Art