[78-L] Article in today's WSJ on the new Woody Guthrie Box

Peter Fraissinet pf13 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 26 06:21:31 PDT 2009

Yes, it's that old Lonesome Road Blues, and Woody starts off with a
couple of stanzas of the familiar song, but most of the lyrics he
sings are his own, so it is now a Guthrie composition as he sings
it.  It is substantially changed from G. Reneau and others.

They say I'm a dust bowl refugee,
Yes, they say I'm a dust bowl refugee,
They say I'm a dust bowl refugee, Lord, Lord,
An' I ain't a-gonna be treated this way.

Peter Fraissinet
West Danby NY