[78-L] e-bay nonsense

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 24 06:24:51 PDT 2009

simmonssomer wrote:

>> There is plenty of nonsense on eBay,  I agree.  But the worthy sellers far
>> outnumber the goof-balls.  Since 1999 I have been involved in approx.
>> 7,000
>> eBay transactions,  mostly as a buyer,  and have had very little trouble.
>> But I rarely bid with sellers I don't know.
>>
>> I don't know of any good sellers who are not happy to ship overseas,  but
>> as
>> I said I try to stick with the pros and stay away from the amateurs.
>>
>> It's really no different from a lot of other large institutions....you
>> learn
>> how to work with it and it can be rewarding.
>>
>> Taylor

> Amen. I desperately needed belts for my 1974 Tandberg 6000x reel to reel
> deck. I ordered them on oh-bey and received these precious parts a few days
> later.  A very gratifying experience. I'm also awaiting delivery of a $20
> Pioneer cassette deck (as insurance for my two older decks) and expect that
> it will be another succesfull sally into the murky Oh-bey waters.
> You gotta watch your step but most of the time it works out for me.
>
> Al S.

Agreed. But for records, it just got to be too many idiots shipping garbage
they'd rated as mint, too many broken records "but I packed them perfectly, you
just taped them and returned them and I'm going to give you negative feedback"
and more trouble than it was worth. I buy exclusively off list now.