[78-L] e-bay nonsense

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Aug 23 22:35:32 PDT 2009

I just bid on a set of records, only to be told that I live in an area to
which this seller will not ship. The original listing said that this person
will not deal with Italy. When I pointed out that I have my orders shipped
to a US address and they are paid for from a US account and that my feedback
was 100% positive, he would not budge. He said that sometimes bids from
Europe do get through and he doesn't know how they do it but, he said, it's
too late to change his rules for me.

I didn't even realize that Canada was part of Europe, but what do I know.

db

There is plenty of nonsense on eBay,  I agree.  But the worthy sellers far
outnumber the goof-balls.  Since 1999 I have been involved in approx. 7,000
eBay transactions,  mostly as a buyer,  and have had very little trouble.
But I rarely bid with sellers I don't know.

I don't know of any good sellers who are not happy to ship overseas,  but as
I said I try to stick with the pros and stay away from the amateurs.

It's really no different from a lot of other large institutions....you learn
how to work with it and it can be rewarding.

Taylor