[78-L] Zonophone/ Harry Lauder Speed (was: Speeds and Reissues No. 1)

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 23 08:05:11 PDT 2009

I have in my 'stuff' a Harry Lauder release on Zonophone (Zonophone
Celebrity Records - catalogue # 634) of Its Just Like Being at Home
(matrix X-2-42100 - other stamping in the dead wax: 12978e and the
letters HL) b/w Roamin' in the Gloamin' (matrix X-2-42101 other
stamping in the dead wax: Ab 13457 e and the letters OM). I am
wondering about the correct speed for this disk. It --sounds-- slow
at 78, and probably is not correct at 78. So, as I prepare to
mp3-a-sise it, what correction should I make to get to the proper speed.