[78-L] FW: Look at this! Another 'rock historian' telling usabout the 1930s

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 22 19:58:04 PDT 2009

Come on, Mike..she DRANK herself into obscurity for a few years, and pined for
Nelson Riddle a lot, but I recall reading glowing reviews of just about every
album she made in her last thirty years. Even the ones where she had about two
notes to her range. And I'm sure she wasn't screwed on royalties from the crap
that made her famous and was kept in print. The sides she made with Jose and
with Marlene Dietrich are pretty gawdawful as well.

As for the Saroyan-Bagdasarian record, yeah, I'd like to find a copy (as much
for that as for the flip side, "Oh Beauty") but I'd stick to embezzlement.
There are better records to kill for.

dl