[78-L] Better than "Jammin' The Blues'!

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Aug 22 16:56:05 PDT 2009

I thought Sweets was way better in this one than in the older movie...and
Hank Jones way outshines the earlier piano guy...whose name I can't
recall...Morris?

JoeFlip starts off great in his solo but gets caught up in kind of boring
riffy honky stuff...Get Back,  Honking Cat! I still prefer the sound of his
horn to that of Illinoisy in the earlier movie.

I think I'm with Julian on the original Jammin' the Blues...most of it seems
like it was filmed in a cave and it tries too hard to be artsy...the music
should tell the story.  Still I enjoy watching it once in a while,  and will
enjoy this one on occasion in the future.

Taylor