[78-L] Canadian Columbia Double Disk promo record

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 22 16:56:28 PDT 2009

agp wrote:
> At 23:35 22/08/2009,MB wrote:
>> agp wrote:
>>> I was digging through my stuff today and came across a disk that I
>>> have a question about. Its a Canadian Columbia disk. I think it would
>>> have been a promo-special. The catalogue number is P-11
>> Matrix numbers,  please.  There were two U.S. samples like this, one
>> with a very LARGE label on the promo side and the other with a regular
>> size label on the promo side.  They were from around 1908 and l910 which
>> is probably when the Canadian one was done.
>

> A side matrix looks like 19123-2-3
November 16, 1910, originally Columbia A-974. Rule Britannia and the two-sided
Medley of Canadian Airs (A973) date from this same session..I'd be surprised if
these had been issued in the States.

> B side matrix is 32210-2 I think
Not in the Columbia books, which jump from 19999 to 38100 (on the same day).
Promos were probably in a separate numbering system.

dl