[78-L] Glass based recordings

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 17 16:20:21 PDT 2009

Malcolm wrote:...which reminds me.
I recently acquired an instantaneous recording (a test pressing) made in
the 1950s on a glass based disc (lacquer on glass). It was my belief
that the glass based disc went the way of all things in the late 1940s,
just post WW2.
Is this not so?
Has anyone heard of these discs still being manufactured into the 50s?
Mal

I haven't heard of them being manufactured in the 50s, but I have encountered situations where an old blank was used many years later.

Uncle Dave Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com