[78-L] Super Circus

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Aug 16 13:11:04 PDT 2009

From: "Ken \"Silver Showcase\"" <kenreg at tds.net>
> Might it be Mary Hartline? (Not to be confused with Louise Lasser.)-- Ken

There are a whole bunch of Super Circus 78s on Mercury with Claude, the
clowns, AND, of course, the gorgeous Mary Hartline.  Her first husband
was bandleader Harold Stokes.  There are also oodles of web sites for
her.  Start here:

http://www.richsamuels.com/nbcmm/hartline/contents.html

There are links there, but the link to her official website is not
working.  But it can be found thru the WayBack Machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050308180804/http://www.pscelebrities.com/mh.html

There are some Super Circus kines here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77X6mIddsDA

She's at 11:30 in, but the first act also shows why this program was a
favorite among dads!  And the pole dancer act in the last ten minutes is
pretty nifty too.

And there is a picture of Mary as a brunette in Rich Samuels' site.
http://www.richsamuels.com/nbcmm/hartline/seifert.html
 but some of her other early photos might have dark hair but it is hard
to be sure.

Mike (torn between Mary and Judy Tyler) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com