[78-L] Les Paul

Graeme Jaye gj at telefonica.net
Sat Aug 15 21:32:40 PDT 2009

Hi Doug

On 16/08/2009 you wrote;

DP> The NY Times put Paul's picture on the front page.
DP> Their article, written by critic Jon Pareles, has two errors
DP> which should have been caught by the "paper of record":

Les Paul has been credited with the invention of all sorts of things!

The other day, I was informed - in all seriousness - that "..he
invented the electric guitar, delay, reverb, multitrack
recording....".

Of course, he invented none of these. However, he did have the
foresight to understand how they might be used to extend his own
personal art form and he was the guy who put it all together to make
the electric guitar and music recording what it is today.

Graeme Jaye

graemejaye at iname.com

Audio Restoration and Location Sound Recording
http://www.personal-cd.com

Hobby Musician - find some of my stuff here
http://www.indiehitz.net/html/bands/19/