[78-L] Record Shop Photos

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Aug 15 14:45:21 PDT 2009

Hmmm, he considers 1940 to be "old".  I'm wondering if this is another
book written by another young LP collector who is going to express the
bullcrap about Steinweiss "inventing" the album cover in 39 or 40 and
changing how record stores displayed records because before that they
were all packaged in plain brown paper.  From a discussion on ARSCList
last month I had thought of getting together some rememberances of
record stores, so this book would interest me.  I had been thinking of
it as an ARSC presentation, but maybe I might do "Illustrated Album
Covers and Packaging BEFORE Alex Steinweiss".

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

 From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>

 I've forwarded this to the Canadian Antique Phonograph Society and will
pass it
 on to Toast of New York as well.

 I wonder if he wants only US material or Canadian and British (etc) as
well?

 dl