[78-L] Rhythmic "sprituals" of the early 1930s

Gregg Kimball gdkimball at cox.net
Fri Aug 14 20:48:02 PDT 2009

Got it.  I'm just coming at it it from the other end, Cary. I'm much more
familiar with gospel music than Tin Pan Alley, and it just seems strange to
imply a generic style of revival song in this period (or any other).  Sounds
like a totally pop phenomena with little real connection to gospel music.

Gregg