[78-L] A moldy issue

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Aug 11 12:17:09 PDT 2009

From:  martha

From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault at bu.edu>
> How did you keep the records from getting soft and/or warping?
> Ron L

I would think that is what she meant by it being like grilling
hamburgers.  You flip them and keep them from being burned.

I was going to bring up another point about albums, because I have noted
that the sides facing the cardboard of the front and back cover
sometimes show more problems than any of the others.  The cardboard
adsorbs the moisture.  If what she says about sunlight is true, then set
the EMPTY albums outside.

>> . . . using the sun. Afterward, we just rubbed the dead residue
>> off with old towels.

Like a day at the beach!!

Mike (a day without 78s is like a day without sunshine) Biel
mbiel at mbiel.com