[78-L] The Future of Jazz?

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 10 07:36:06 PDT 2009

Spats wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My problem is not that there has to be something NEW all of the time.
> There are many tunes and solos still available in past genres of Jazz.
> I just want to hear someone doing these things WELL with some individual style!
>
> (And I'm not speaking about technical skill. That's something different).
>
> As with opera singing, standards seem to get lower and lower. ;-(
>
> Earl.
==============
Fortunately, with us of a certain age, there is still plenty of recorded
material to satisfy our needs. I don't really care about what's
happening now.

I don't think there's been anything new that has come along,
stylistically or individually, in the last 45 years. That doesn't mean
that musicians who established themselves before that didn't continue to
create fine music.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4322 (20090810) __________

http://www.eset.com