[78-L] half track tapes

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 9 22:02:07 PDT 2009

In addition to Mike's method (but certainly NOT preferable to it), you can
play the tape with a stacked stereo head, and then shift one track slightly
using a computer audio editor.  It'll take some patience to figure out
exactly where the two sync, but it should work.

Does anybody know of another way to accomplish this on a machine that
doesn't allow you to install staggered heads, or change the record heads to
sel-rep?

Sammy Jones