[78-L] Unfinished recording [was Acoustic-era monitoring]

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Aug 9 00:34:55 PDT 2009

Steven C. Barr wrote:

> Personally, I would record "live off the floor" into TWO mikes (stereo?!),
> with NO "final mix-down!!" The only time I tried multi-track (each player
> on his/her/its separate track?!) recording...well, the recording was almost
> NEVER finished...each musician insisted that he/she/it could improve his/
> her/its track, given a second chance...?!

> Steven C. Barr
===========================
A similar situation pertains to the use of the PC. Remember the old days
when one wrote (or typed) a letter? When you finished you'd read it over
and, if there were only minor corrections, you'd make them and send the
letter on its merry way.

Nowadays, however, when one has finished a letter on a PC, you look it
over and ask yourself if there are any improvements to be made. If there
aren't you still hang on in case something comes to mind.

"Are there any ways I can improve how I've expressed myself? I'll hang
on till tomorrow to see if anything comes to mind."

      Julian Vein

ps. I've been sitting on this one just in case....

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4318 (20090808) __________

http://www.eset.com