[78-L] Oh - Em - Gee! I might be one of you! [FWD]

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Aug 8 20:02:20 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Harkin" <harkinmike at yahoo.com>
> You are!  Once you actually pay MONEY for a record, you are beyond
> redemption!  Welcome!
> Mike in Plovdiv

My last few 78 purchases have either been "free" or VERY nearly so! I bought
about 3,000
78's for $50...and over 2,500 for $100! In fact, I am looking forward to
rejoining the
"auction list" crowd...just to see if I can find and acquire a "better
grade" of 78's...?! I'm
getting way too close to "complete" on the readily-available records of the
1936-42 era;
however, I still have "gaps" in my holdings of "second-tier" (NOT Victor,
NOT Columbia?!)
78's!

After all...my "goal" is either (1) EF78REM...or failing that, (2) DATA
thereupon?!

Back in the 1977-1987 period, I used to spend several hundred dollars per
month
on auction list winnings...mainly Record Research or Peter Leavitt!

Note that the records I "need" are NOT well-known "jazz rarities"...rather,
I am
trying to fill gaps in "complete" sets of "second-tier" 78 labels!!

Steven C. Barr