[78-L] Who is the artist on these early Columbia's

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 8 14:26:29 PDT 2009

Since nobody's cited the take numbers yet, I'll provide what info is in the
Columbia Books.

378: All takes are by Arthur Collins. If it's a ten-inch Columbia, it should be
take 2 and announced by Collins. If it's a ten-inch Climax, the take number
isn't listed and it doesn't say if there's an announcement.

1448: Both takes are Arthur Collins. No take # shown for the ten-incher, and
the song is a parody of the 1900 art song "Violets" (Ev'ry Morning I Bring Thee
Violets). Shades of Bob Rivers "When a Man Loves a Chicken", almost a century
earlier!

dl