[78-L] half track tapes

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Sat Aug 8 10:12:59 PDT 2009

At 09:41 AM 8/8/2009, you wrote:
>Remember the Wollensak with its dial for shifting the playback head down a
>millimetre or two to play half-track tapes with equal balance? Any other
>machines have a feature like that?

Which model is that? I had a worn out Webcore Music Man that would
shift the playback head with a lever on the back of the head
assembly.  Threw it away when it stopped playing tapes at 3.75 ips &
was having trouble with 7.5 ips. Belts were shot really bad but then
I got it for free.....

>Today, of course, you just look for a Technics 1500 with the quarter- and
>half-track playback heads. Still quite a few of them out there.
>
>dl

Yes for 1.5k to 1.7k on the bay site.