[78-L] Something you don't see every day!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Aug 7 20:03:44 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "agp" <agp2176 at verizon.net>
> At 07:13 07/08/2009, Dave W wrote:
>>1964 RCA ZERO MOSTEL in "FIDDLER ON THE ROOF" 78 ALBUM
> Gee -- If I were a rich man ---- I'd buy this ding a ling a brain!
> Long playing 78! What a maroon!
> What a way to start my Friday morning

Most likely, the poor fundamental orifice has once again confused a 33.3rpm
vinyl disc with a much-older 78rpm shellac-compound record!? I suppose one
should pity these folkses...having grown up in an era when recorded music
could ONLY be had on digital "Compact Discs," they comprehendeth NOT
the many forms in which analog sound recordings once (and to a great extent
STILL?!) were available...?!

Sadly, about 99.9% of e-Wotsit sellers are primarily interested in making
their gazillions of dollars in profit (thinking they have just acquired a
"RARE!!
VALUABLE!!!" item whose sale will free them from having to WORK
for a living like the other peasants...?!)...and only SECONDARILY, if at
all, interested in researching wotinell they actually are SELLING!

I suppose this is inevitable here in the 21st century (dare I say "the XXI
Jahrhundert?!")?! Having seen all the CEO's and Vice-Presidents of the
corporate world raking in seven...even EIGHT-figure "bonuses...and thus
solidifying their positions in the Homo-Sapiens Dominance Hierarchy...the
peasants are desperately looking for easy methods to acquire the same
huge sums of moolah...?!

FEH!!

It's "Lombardi's Law" slightly rewritten..."Money isn't everything...it's
the
ONLY thing!"

My only hope is that these damphools find themselves about half-way
across the Sahara...with a bag of money the size of Ohio, but with only
an empty canteen for water...?!

Scroom all but six...and save them for the pallbearers!!

Steven C. Barr