[78-L] HIGH recommendation! - the New BLues IMages CD and Calandar

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 7 06:33:38 PDT 2009

This year has really flown by. Yesterday I got my copy of the new 2010 version of John Tefteller's fabulous Blues Images calendar. It's as good - or better - than previous ones. For those who don't know about this project, John bought a huge load of original ad art for Paramount and Gennett and other rate 78 blues lables. He has produced a STUNNING 12x12 calendar with a greaphic for each month. Then he has included a CD with the recording being advertised. But rather than just 12 tracks, he ads FOUR more for a total of SIXTEEN. And these are not common ones. In fact TWO of the sides are from the ONLY KNOWN copy. Rich Nevins of Shannachie did most of the transfers.  The CD and Calander are under $20. (and prior years are still available too.).

I'll be covering in my In The Groove column next month but wanted to alert the 78-Lers that it is out now. THere's no reason to wait till the end of the year to order one. THis is certainly a project of love for JT as it must cost a lot to put this out. Anyway, you can read the details at www.bluesimages.com

Steve Ramm