[78-L] Stereo half-track tapes

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 7 19:49:09 PDT 2009

Ah, here we are..the April 1959 Schwann has LSC 1817, with a black diamond
beside it, and LSC 2267 just below. Both of their mono versions are in the mono
section, again with a delete next to LM 1817..and right below them, Camden CAL
438. So, in theory, FIVE incarnations of Fiedler, from three different
recordings over an 11 year period, were available simultaneously!

I don't have the Prodigal Son. It was The Mountain King that was the companion
piece to Midsommarvaka, and it's missing at least one movement on the
Westminster. Alfven may not have been the greatest conductor, but he was also
81 when he made the recording (October 1953, I believe).

dl