[78-L] RCA Victor 22-XXXX series query.

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Aug 5 12:01:24 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Weiner" <djwein at earthlink.net>
>> Does anyone here know anything about this series?  I've only ever seen
>> one
>> record in it, 22-0103, 'Tea for two' b/w ''Lotus blue' by Charlie Ventura
>> and his orchestra; it's my dad's worn and cracked copy.  (Was this a
>> bebop/modern jazz series?)  Underneath this catalogue number is 50-0103
>> in
>> parentheses, suffixed with the appropriate A or B.  I'm sure that's the
>> catalogue number for the 45 equivalent, so at least I can surmise this
> disc
>> dates from 1949, when RCA Victor did this on its 78 labels.

IIRC, there was another 22-#### RCA series, used for c&w records; these were
issued up here in Canada on "Bluebird Series" using a different numeric
series!

Sadly, I can no longer easily lay my hands on my paper odds & ends, so I
CAN'T
go into detail here (feel free to shoot my dommed landlady...it's HER dommed
fault!!)

...stevenc