[78-L] Guthrie masters from Stinson, et al, to be re-released on Rounder

Doug Pomeroy pomeroyaudio at att.net
Wed Aug 5 05:31:09 PDT 2009

There's little to say, because the whole matter of who owns Stinson
is unclear.  There is a lack of formal paperwork which would clarify
the relationship which existed between Herbert Harris of the Stinson
Trading Company, and More Asch of Folkways concerning ownership
of the actual recordings.

Anyway, somebody intentionally damaged many of the metal parts.
Fortunately the scratches could be removed via digital editing.

The metals were found in Park Slope Brooklyn, in the basement of a
house owned by a relative of Herbert Harris.

There are many unanswered questions.

Doug