[78-L] Sharing sequence numbers between labels

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 19:51:47 PDT 2009

Tyrone's site shows the Y-MM-XX series continuing into mid-1938 under
Melotone.  The final pop item is 8-05-01, 'Ti-pi-tin' (mx 22448) b/w
'Oooh-boom' (mx 22449) by Gene Kardos and his orchestra; both sides recorded
17 February 1938.  Highest matrix number in the New York series reached is
matrix 22451, 'A gypsy told me', released as by Joel Shaw and his orchestra
(Kardos again), also recorded 17 February 1938, released on 8-04-05.

On the country side, the last of the lot is 8-04-63, 'Steel mill blues' (mx
C.1998-2) b/w 'I.G.N. blues' (mx C.1999-2), by Frank Tannehill, recorded 28
September 1937.  Also released on Vocalion 3510.

Highest Chicago matrix is C.2115, 'I hope you have been true' by Prairie
Ramblers, on 8-04-59, recorded 21 February 1938.
Highest Hollywood matrix is LA.1542, 'Lead me gently home, father' by Sons
of The Pioneers on 8-04-60, recorded 14 December 1937.