[78-L] Guthrie masters from Stinson, et al, to be re-released on Rounder

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Sun Aug 2 20:09:36 PDT 2009

Stinson appears to be currently dormant, but the
Harris Family descendents still own it.
The genealogy is: Founder Herbert Harris, his son Bob Harris ran it until
the 60's (he was responsible for the "New" recording activity in the
early 1950's), on his death Bob's sister Trudy and her Husband Jack Kall
ran the company, moving it from NYC to Granada Hills CA.  The LP's were
issued in updated jackets through the 1990's.  Some of the masters were
leased
to Everest and issued on Archive of Folk and other Everest labels, then to
Collectables
for CD issue (the CDs appear to be still available at cut-out prices) in a
Stinson series.  Company is now owned by Jack & Trudy Kall's daughter and
her husband.

Best wishes, Thomas.