[78-L] Subject: Josephine Baker / Australian 78 recording factory sites

David Sanderson dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com
Sun Aug 2 13:12:08 PDT 2009

Malcolm Smith wrote:
> Josephine Baker also made some films in France in which she's quite
> wonderful. At one point, after the war she came back to New York and
> was turned away at the door of the Stork Club in New York. Little
> wonder she preferred France like numerous other black American
> performers. (I can go back to the e-mail I sent about Lil Harden).
>
> Malcolm Smith.

She was an amazing physical performer, capable of doing ballet or
jungle-ish antics, extraordinarily comfortable in her body with the
semi-nude performances at the Folies and in movies.  There are clips on
Youtube and several films available that I've had through Netflix.

--

      David Sanderson
      East Waterford, Maine

      dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com