[78-L] TWO Vocalists/One Band!

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 30 14:24:06 PDT 2009

Taylor Bowie wrote:

>> Bill McClung wrote:
>>> On most of the Basie 78s I have it's James.  And I, too, think he's
>>> great.
>> =================
>> OK, I'll just have to accept that I'm the only one in step!
>>
>>      Julian Vein
>
> I'm not wild about him either...just don't like all his stuff.
>
> I still don't think anyone has come up with a recording band which had two
> singers at the same time as great as Bon Bon and Carlotta Dale.
>
> I could really go out on a limb and say that there is no better female band
> singer of the era than Dale,  but that might cause various computers to melt
> down so I'd better just keep that thought to myself!
>
> Taylor (big fan of Ward and Lee with Goodman,  Bailey with Norvo,  but
> Carlotta has my heart)
Mary Ann Mercer with Mitchell Ayres. The best thing about these singers
is that they didn't overstay their welcome like others I could mention.
I wonder if there're any Ella Fitzgerald completists out there?

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4292 (20090730) __________

http://www.eset.com