[78-L] TWO Vocalists/One Band!

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Jul 30 13:35:12 PDT 2009

> Bill McClung wrote:
>> On most of the Basie 78s I have it's James.  And I, too, think he's
>> great.
> =================
> OK, I'll just have to accept that I'm the only one in step!
>
>      Julian Vein

I'm not wild about him either...just don't like all his stuff.

I still don't think anyone has come up with a recording band which had two
singers at the same time as great as Bon Bon and Carlotta Dale.

I could really go out on a limb and say that there is no better female band
singer of the era than Dale,  but that might cause various computers to melt
down so I'd better just keep that thought to myself!

Taylor (big fan of Ward and Lee with Goodman,  Bailey with Norvo,  but
Carlotta has my heart)