[78-L] 'Modern' 78s.

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 29 19:19:46 PDT 2009

DISC released a number of items on vinyl (good material, too) in 1947..so you
could hear how rotten the recordings were without having to wade through all
the asphalt of the usual pressings. Dubs from off center Russian 78s on twelve
inch vinyl..wonderful. Wish they'd issued the Hovhaness stuff and all Jacques
Rachmilovich's recordings on vinyl, but they had strange priorities. Did you
know they put out 3 of FDR's speeches on vinyl? Never seen those in my life,
but they're here in the 1947 brochure.

dl