[78-L] A SECOND question for our GG contingent...?!

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Wed Jul 29 00:00:55 PDT 2009

Steven wrote--

>However, very shortly thereafter, SOMEBODY was continuing to
>press Madison (and Radiex and Van Dyke) records; these seem to
>start with 5096 (Lou Gold)...and run to 6042 or so. These issues all
>use old GG "B sides" as their B sides...and as well they use either
>control numbers or matrices in a 3-digit new series (the last GG numbers
>used were around 4100).

I saw some ads circa 1930 that advertised them for W.T. Grant stores
as well, and in fact, a number of department stores throughout the US
were unloading their GGs at ridiculously low prices.  I can probably
send you a scan of the ads (the list doesn't accept scans, but I've
send ads to individual members who were interested), which I have somewhere.