[78-L] 45 to 78 in semi-tones - help! I need a math major!

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Tue Jul 28 20:33:35 PDT 2009

173.33%

--- On Tue, 7/28/09, Rodger Holtin <rjh334578 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Rodger Holtin <rjh334578 at yahoo.com>
Subject: [78-L] 45 to 78 in semi-tones - help! I need a math major!
To: "78-List" <78-l at 78online.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 8:08 PM

I'm using Nero as my digital editor and just recently discovered how to change some speeds.  For instance, my first discovery was that I recorded a 3 3/4 tape played at 7 1/2 and could cut the speeding tape back down to the right pitch and speed by cutting it by 12 semi-tones.  Now I need to figure out how to play a bouncy bent aluminum-base "acetate" 78 at 45 and use the semi-tones thingy to speed it back up correctly.
Any thoughts out there??

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.