[78-L] A question for our GG contingent...?!

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Mon Jul 27 22:16:46 PDT 2009

>Steven wrote--
> >
>Oddly enough, I had already learned most of this through a web search...I
>particularly say "ODDLY enough," because Ms. Halper was the author of
>most of the documents I found!

You saying I'm odd, big guy?  ;-)  Yes, since I am one of the editors
of the Boston Radio Archives and a media historian around these
parts, I try to keep up with who the various people were at each of
the stations.  I don't know about everyone, but I think I've got info
about a lot of the people... Will Dodge directed a number of
orchestras in and around Boston, so I am not surprised that he did a
record for GG.  I wonder if he got paid for it...and yes, your
assumption that the Dodge & Polar Bears & Ted and his Gang were
recorded in mid 1928 would make sense, since all were on the air at
WNAC that time and the Polar Bears and the Gang had some members in common.