[78-L] Durium Hit of the Week 'Hoard'

Ron L lherault at bu.edu
Mon Jul 27 06:04:39 PDT 2009

I use an alternative device.  It is a little hard to describe.  It is the
metal sleeve one taps into a wooden hole and into which one would then tap
the vertical shaft of a caster.  One end of the metal sleeve has a large
disk with a turned down serrated edge. The ball bearings of the caster would
normally ride on the flat surface of the disk.   It is the other end that
works as the HOW clamp.  That other end is springy metal with a slot cut in
it.  It fits snugly over the end of the spindle and keeps the HOW down and
prevents the record from slipping.  Of course it only works on a turntable
where the center spindle spins as is the case with the Rek-O-Kut that I use.

Ron L