[78-L] Bix test pressing, unissued

Steve Thornton fnarf at comcast.net
Mon Jul 27 00:38:03 PDT 2009

Wow. In a funny way, a screwed-up recording like this brings the players to
life in a way that the good version can't.

Am I correct in assuming that the only way to adjust the bass sax blasting
was to move him back, or have him point towards the other wall, on the next
take? Or maybe he "put a sock in it"?

As leader, that's got to be Bix's voice, right? Great accent.