[78-L] Wet CDs

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 26 12:40:34 PDT 2009

I got flooded yesterday afternoon. 78s and LPs and tapes getting wet is nothing
unusual, but I have many many CDs that are in paper sleeves (with a window)
which were in a couple of boxes on the floor and naturally they've taken on
water. I believe these are all CD-Rs with printed labels. What's the safest
procedure for drying them? A towel, and leave them out in the air for a while?
(And off to Staples for new sleeves/jackets/envelopes/covers/shirts).