[78-L] goon show Q. for British listers

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jul 25 20:06:02 PDT 2009

Alan Bunting wrote:
> There are now 25 2CD/4-show sets available and number 26
> is due out on August 6th.  For those in the UK Amazon.co.uk
> are currently offering it as a pre-order for £6.99 with
> free delivery - quite a bargain!

The problem for everybody else is that some jackass at Amazon has
classified all of the BBC CDs as AudioBOOKS, which quadruples the
postage which would otherwise be 99p each plus a package charge.

If someone in England would kindly act as a forwarding agent for me, or
perhaps for a group of us North Americans (as someone did for me when a
newspaper offered a half-price sale of Vols 1-20 at the time of Spike's
death) I would love to get the rest of the volumes I don't have.

> For those yet to start collecting Goon Shows on CD it's worth
> looking at the two boxed sets issued last year which (to my
> considerable annoyance)contain additional material not on the
> individual CDs.Alan Bunting

Please tell us what the extra material is.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com