[78-L] Dennis the Menace PHONO/ 78 related!

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jul 25 16:09:56 PDT 2009

-------- Original Message --------
 Subject: [78-L] Dennis the Menace PHONO/ 78 related!
 From: Steve Ramm <steveramm78l at hotmail.com>
 Date: Sat, July 25, 2009 4:57 pm
 To: 78-l 78-l <78-l at 78online.com>

> I was at friend's house yesterday looking for yard sales in local paper

Too damn cheap to buy your own newspaper???

> and scanned the comics.

But did you find any yard sales?

> What luck! DTM was PHONO related. I googled it and found on line.
 Here is the URL: http://www.seattlepi.com/fun/dennis.asp?date=20090722

But this was Wednesday's comic.  Actually this is about the 4th or 5th
confrontation I've seen between Dennis and Mr. Wilson's phonograph in
the attic over the years.   I've always enjoyed these because my first
confrontation with a victrola was in a neighbor's basement. The knew I
collected 78s and mentioned they had a Victrola.  The next day I went
over there after school and got in trouble.  I had dropped my books off
and shouted out that I was going over to the Petersons, but apparently
my mother didn't hear, and didn't know where I was.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com